Greetings! Although many of you are on summer break, our team is sending you timely updates via this email listserv to keep you informed about changes and current events happening in the postsecondary planning landscape. Please note that there will be no required action items on your end. In this email, we are providing you with updates on College Bridge For All Expansion, the Future Ready Summer Series and the HESC Excelsior Scholarship Application.
The College Bridge For All program is currently serving 425 Schools and has trained 198 college students to become College Coaches, who are currently supporting June and anticipated August graduates in our school-based program and citywide expansion program. The College Bridge For All coaches are doing outreach and working diligently to ensure our graduates have a smooth transition into college and postsecondary pathways. 2020 Graduates can use the following guide to get ready to meet with their coach. A special shout out to our coaches and graduates!
Additionally, the HESC Excelsior Scholarship Application is now available for students enrolling in SUNY or CUNY in the fall with some important caveats. As stated in the HESC Website, the “COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically reduced state revenues and the processing of new applications is pending on Federal assistance. The Excelsior Scholarship awards may have to be reduced and/or prioritized for current recipients as provided for under the program.”
Last week, we hosted the second webinar of the Future Ready Summer Series for Classes of 2021 and 2022. The session informed students about support and opportunity programs across New York State. Students who missed this session can watch the recording and sign-up to learn about the next session on 08/12. Below are additional resources for students and educators.
News you can use
- The FAFSA4Caster tool will no longer be available starting Sept. 27, according to an announcement from Federal Student Aid last week.
- TheDream.US announced that 1,200 new TheDream.US Scholars have accepted scholarships for the 2020-21 academic year to attend 67 different Partner Colleges across the country.
- Graduate NYC report on The State of College Readiness and Degree Completion in New York
- ACCEPT Group’s “Being Black in College” panel series for students and families
- Hack the Gates research briefs on reassessing college admissions